Above is a photo of me using my dry shampoo a few days after getting my hair blown out.
- Arrowroot Powder
- Cacao Powder
- Lemon essential oil – to get golden highlights
- Rosemary essential oil- to promote hair growth
- Eucalyptus- for a dry scalp
- Use more arrowroot powder for lighter hair and cacao powder for darker hair
- Massage the arrowroot into your scalp & in first couple of inches of hair if desired.
- Take note: I personally used arrowroot powder because I wanted to make my hair look lighter.
- If you decide to mix in cacao, be aware some of this residue could come off onto your pillow at night. I am not sure if it would stain or if any type of bug would be attracted to if (in NYC). I haven’t experimented with this or seen this being an issue in my research but it could be something to keep in mind.
Many of my friends use dry shampoo or baby powder as a dry shampoo on days they want to skip washing their hair or to extend a blowout for a few days. There have been many links to the talcum in baby powder and cancer. When hearing this, I decided to come up with my own powder very similar to baby powder but one that is beneficial for your skin, hair and body instead of being detrimental toward your health.
In the most recent lawsuit against Johnson and Johnson (February 2016), $72 million dollars was awarded to to a women’s family for using their baby powder which contributed to her ovarian cancer death after 35 years of use. See more in an article here.
For more, check out my instagram at @nychamptonshealth