- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1tsp sugar
Mix together in bowl and apply to lips. Massage for about 30 seconds and wipe off. Moisturize your lips after and/or apply lipstick for the night. The natural Chapstick I posted 3 days ago is perfect to use after the exfoliant.
This scrub gives your lips a healthier, fuller look. I love these coconut oil packages from Trader Joes to take with me traveling. Use one pack & pack of sugar to take with you on the go. Be aware that plastic is oil soluble so this is not ideal to use all of the time & much safer to buy oils in glass bottles
Fore more, check out my instagram @nychamptonshealth
The Beach Waves Hairspray gives a beachy, tousled, wavy or curly effect (as seen in photo). Sometimes I will just use it on my roots if I am looking for more volume.
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp epsom salt
- Lemon essential oil (to make hair lighter & for scent)
- Lavender essentail oil
- 1 cup filtered water
For more check out my instagram @nychamptonshealth
Why I ditched my mainstream hairspray: Two very common toxic ingredients in hairspray include fragrance and ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate amongst many others.
- Fragrance: The major concern with fragrance is that it is not required by law to disclose the individual ingredients used to produce it. Companies can add anything into their product and dub it as “fragrance” which could be a mix of synthetic and natural ingredients.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate. Has been nominated to The National Toxicology Program in 2006. It is a known and studied endocrine disruptor, effecting estrogen and thyroid activity. It affects several body functions including body development, brain functionality and metabolic activity. Estrogenic disruption has been linked to breast cancer.
Moisturizing Hair Masks: This hairspray is drying to the hair due to the salt. Below are some good natural combinations you can try.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask
- Put Coconut oil all over hair
- Put a towel over your pillow or hair in a shower cap and leave in over night.
- It takes a good few washes to fully get the coconut oil out of your hair.
Mayonnaise & Egg Yolk Hair Mask
- 1 cups mayo
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Put on Shower Cap or Saran Wrap. Wrap in a warm towel to help Mayo penetrate into hair.
- Leave on for 30 min.
“Campaign for Safe Cosmetics-working for Safer Cosmetics.” Safe Cosmetics. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Nov. 2016.
“Home – National Toxicology Program.” U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 11 Nov. 2016.
“Household Products Database – Health and Safety Information on Household Products.” U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 8 Nov. 2016.