Golden Milk is an ancient southeast Asian health elixir.⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀
- 1 cup of hot almond, coconut or hemp milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Pinch of Black Pepper (to activate the anti-inflammatory agents in turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to guarantee maximum absorption.
- Optional: pinch of cacao to add more of a hot chocolate taste
More info on Turmeric: In New York, Turmeric has been a recent growing trend. I have seen it being added to juices and available in shot forms at places like Juice Generation. Most people must not be aware that it must be mixed with Black Pepper, in order to activate its anti-inflammatory agent Curcumin. You can also buy Curcumin vitimins, but having anything in its freshest form will be most effective.
Scientists have discovered that the root cause of most chronic illnesses is due to oxidative damage and/or inflammation. Curcumin’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties explain why it can help prevent and treat many different health conditions. Inflammation is a common factor for many diseases including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, asthma, Alziemer’s, obesity and more. The body’s inflammatory response is a primary component of most chronic diseases.
Other ways I get my Curcumin (from Turmeric) dosage:
- I take Terry Naturally- Extra Strength vitamins daily.
- I put a mix of Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cumin and Cayenne Pepper spices on foods I eat (mostly chicken)
- I cut the turmeric root and put it in hot water and add black pepper amongst other ingredients as a detox tea. Other ingredients can include ginger (which is also anti-inflammatory), coconut oil, lemon, apple cider vinegar, oregano, garlic.
If you want to learn more about Turmeric, I recommend this detailed article by Cognitune.
Lemerond, Terry. “Inflammation the Wonder Spice Solution Research Confirms Healing Power of Curcumin.” 15 Feb. 2008: 1-30. Print. The Nutrition Healthy Living Guide