- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 Tsp Thyme-fresh or dried chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Mix ingredients onto Zucchini in bowl
- Cook for about 20 minutes
Zucchinis are a good source of magnesium, Vitimin C and dietary fiber.
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 cup Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- Topped with Strawberries
- Mix ingredients in a blender
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes
Why is Cacao healthier than Cocoa?
Cacao is chocolate in its purest form. It is raw, contains no sugar and is considered a superfood due to high amounts of antioxidants and magnesium. Cocoa is the heated and processed form of Cacao. Anything heated or processed has less nutritional value than what it would in its raw form.
“Cacao vs. Cocoa: What You Need to Know.” One Green Planet. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.
- Cacao nibs (optional for crunch).
- Roll banana in cacao powder, cinnamon and cacao nibs (optional).
- Put tinfoil around banana(s).
- Bake for 20-25 min on 350 degrees in tinfoil.
- Cut banana
Use Organic, Local, no GMO, Fair Trade food whenever possible.
Banana and Cacao are common fair trade items. For an ethical purchase, look for a Fair Trade Certification.
What does Fair Trade mean?
- Farmers receive a fair price
- Allows farmers to invest in techniques that bring out the flavors of the region
- Strictly prohibits slave and child labor.
“Fair Trade USA.” What Is Fair Trade? Web. 10 Apr. 2016.