Activated Charcoal and Jojoba Oil Eyeliner
- Activated Charcoal
- Jojoba Oil (a few drops)
- Water (optional)
- With a thin brush, dip brush into mix and apply to eyes.
- Clean brush after to avoid buildup with Coconut oil (or Olive, Avocado etc.)
- You have the option of adding water or adding more Jojoba oil depending on what texture you like. I ended up adding more Jojoba oil to my mix. This eyeliner is great for blending in a smokey eye.
A few people asked me if Activated Charcoal was safe to put on your eyes. I think they heard the word “Charcoal” and immediately thought of Charcoal from a fire. Charcoal and activated charcoal are different. Activated charcoal means the carbon is infused with oxygen and is prepared for human ingestion and skincare products
I got this into my eyes because I did not dilute the charcoal enough with jojoba oil. I had the same reaction (tearing) as if I got a store bought mascara/eyeliner into my eye. To avoid this, make sure you have enough jojoba oil or water mixed in the the charcoal on your brush where it the charcoal powder is not loose.
Improve Oral Health & Whiten your teeth with the Oil Cleansing Method & Activated Charcoal
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado, sunflower, coconut are some options)
- 1 capsule size Activated Charcoal
- Swish around your mouth for 20 min.
- Best to do first thing in the morning on an empty stomach & before drinking any liquids.
- Spit out in trash or toilet. Have toilet scrubber available to get off any black residue. Do not swallow any of this oil since there are now many toxins in the oil.
- Rinse mouth with water & brush teeth thoroughly.
Oil Pulling pulls out toxins from the body and helps strengthen gums and whiten your teeth. “The oil acts like a cleanser. When you put it in your mouth and work it around your teeth and gums it “pulls” out bacteria and other debris,” states Dr. Bruce Fife, ND, author of the Oil Pulling Therapy.
Did you know our oral health has a huge effect on our overall health? If the teeth are unhealthy, this may disturb other organs and functions of the body. Many chronic diseases, such as neuralgia, chronic sinusitis, headache, back problems or diseases of the joints, are correlated with dental problems.
Every tooth is closely connected with the meridian as well as the lymphatic system. An infected tooth or inflamed jaw or toxic load caused by heavy metals (such as an implant or root canal) can cause disturbances in the respective part of the functional system.
I have recently discovered Ozone Infused Oils that you can use for the Oil Cleansing Method and/or spot treatment to help re-mineralize your teeth. I will have another post about this soon.
Fife, Bruce. Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body through Oral Cleansing. Colorado Springs: Piccadilly, 2008. Print.
“Teeth as the Cause of Chronic Diseases.” Paracelsus Klinik. Web. 13 Apr. 2016.