- 1/3 cup cacao
- 6 tbs coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Medium sized carton of strawberries
- Melt coconut oil by putting container in a bowl of warm/hot water
- Mix ingredients together in bowl. Keep in bowl or transfer into smaller cup to dip strawberries.
- Dip strawberries
- Put strawberries on parchment paper on a plate or tray. I used a large zip lock bag since I didn’t have that
Put in fridge for an hour. I put in freezer for 10 min (because who wants to wait an hour?) and they seemed ready and were delicious. Cacao is chocolate in its raw form & has *no sugar*. It is high in anti-oxidants and is considered a “superfood”.
The added salt on this gives it the perfect extra kick
- Bulbs of fennel
- Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- sea salt & black pepper
- Cut fennel into slices (see photo)
- Mix fennel with olive oil in bowl
- Place fennel on baking sheet
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper & lemon juice on top
- Bake for 25-30 min at 350°F
- Turn slices over after about 15 min
This recipe is great to add to a salad, use as a side dish or have as a healthy snack. Fennel helps with digestion and constipation.
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 Tsp Thyme-fresh or dried chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Mix ingredients onto Zucchini in bowl
- Cook for about 20 minutes
Zucchinis are a good source of magnesium, Vitimin C and dietary fiber.
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 cup Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- Topped with Strawberries
- Mix ingredients in a blender
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes
Why is Cacao healthier than Cocoa?
Cacao is chocolate in its purest form. It is raw, contains no sugar and is considered a superfood due to high amounts of antioxidants and magnesium. Cocoa is the heated and processed form of Cacao. Anything heated or processed has less nutritional value than what it would in its raw form.
“Cacao vs. Cocoa: What You Need to Know.” One Green Planet. Web. 10 Apr. 2016.
- Cacao nibs (optional for crunch).
- Roll banana in cacao powder, cinnamon and cacao nibs (optional).
- Put tinfoil around banana(s).
- Bake for 20-25 min on 350 degrees in tinfoil.
- Cut banana
Use Organic, Local, no GMO, Fair Trade food whenever possible.
Banana and Cacao are common fair trade items. For an ethical purchase, look for a Fair Trade Certification.
What does Fair Trade mean?
- Farmers receive a fair price
- Allows farmers to invest in techniques that bring out the flavors of the region
- Strictly prohibits slave and child labor.
“Fair Trade USA.” What Is Fair Trade? Web. 10 Apr. 2016.