Wake up with this uplifting Coffee Body Scrub.
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 1 Tbsp epsum salt (can use sea salt)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 9 drops peppermint essential oil
- Use 1x-2x a week- The epsom salts make this a strong exfoliant. If you want to make it less abrasive, you can use sea salt and use the scrub more often
- When you let this sit overtime, the top gets dry & the coconut sinks to the bottom, so just make sure to mix it with a spoon before using.
- No need for lotion after using this due to coconut oil.
Coffee is a great exfoliant for your skin. The caffeine in coffee stimulates circulation and has a tightening effect, which leads to a more radiant, glowing complexion and can help reduce cellulite.
I came up with this recipe myself. My friend brought me back delicious smelling coffee from Costa Rica and I wanted to find a use for it (since I haven’t been drinking coffee lately.) I really liked the smell and effects of the scrub so continued to make it with a Fair Trade and Organic Coffee brand.
I prefer to use this in the morning or before going out. The coffee and peppermint mix is uplifting.
Click Here to see a video explaining why buying Fair Trade Coffee is the ethical decision.
*Note: I made this for a few friends and family members and everyone except for one friend loved it with no problems. One friend’s shower drain was clogged after using it after once use. I did some online research on this and found that coffee can clog your drain, but also found that people used coffee to unclog your drain, so I am not sure. I have been using this for two months and have not had any problems.