The Duke Integrative Medicine’s Wheel of Health will serve as a foundation for our work together.
The Wheel of Health offers a visual representation of how our health is multi-faceted and includes numerous areas of one’s life that impact one’s health and wellness. Exploring these different areas provides a unique opportunity to gain in-depth insights on how the role of these many elements contribute to one’s health and wellness.
- Mindful Awareness
- Personal & Professional Development
- Relationships & Communication
- Mind-body Connection
- Physical Environment
- Movement, Exercise & Rest
- Prevention & Professional Care
- Whole person approach: This type of coaching puts you in the center and incorporates every aspect of your life that impacts your health and well-being, this includes your relationships, environment, mind-body connection, and personal & professional development as well as your approach to nutrition and exercise.
- Creating a partnership: Integrative health coaching is an evidence-based, proven approach that supports sustainable change through a dedicated partnership between coach and client. With my guidance and support, you will have the opportunity to take the correct steps in developing long-lasting healthy behavioral changes.
- Progress-oriented: We will begin with a health assessment and then translate these insights into specific action steps to improve your health and well-being.
- Goal-specific: You will have the opportunity to set specific, measurable, action-oriented goals and create a step by step plan to support your process along the way to achieve your goals.
- Setting yourself up for success: As you take each step to support your plan and goals, together we’ll make adjustments as necessary if obstacles arise while also establishing solid support systems and accountability plans that will keep you on track.
To learn more, push on the Menu & click on the drop down links under “Health Coaching.”